Sunday, August 14, 2011

Streetlight Manifesto by Ed Lacson, Jr.

     It was my first time to watch one act plays such as this, and I'm glad that I got the chance to. I love the creative use of the streetlight in the story. It was used to set the mood of the scenes, and to induce some humor. The actors played their roles very well, and the scenes were fast paced. The props were made of everyday objects such as illustration boards but that didn't bother me from appreciating the scenes. The atmosphere of the theater during this play was eerie and filled with suspense. As for the story itself, I liked it except it got me questioning in the near end about who's right and who's wrong. Does killing only corrupt people justify the act itself? Can true peace ever be attained? Who can we trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment