Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting Better by Tara FT Sering

     It was my first time reading a chick-lit too(as I said before, I don't read much). The story's really long but it is nicely divided into several chapters. Basically, it's about this woman who was cheated on by her boyfriend and her officemate, and has eccentric friends. I like how the story developed, although I found some parts really weird and awkward to read. I mean, who in the world proposes during sex? I also got pissed at the part where Karen almost had a backslide with Miko. After reading that part, I lost the sympathy I had for her. Some people just don't know the value of dignity. The twist in the end was nice, though it seemed a little movie-like. The broken woman ends up with a guy whom she presumed to be gay until she asked him. Really though, people shouldn't quickly jump into conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment