Sunday, August 14, 2011

Midsummer by Manuel Arguilla

     This is definitely one of those stories which can fit into two or three pages. I almost fell asleep reading through this because of the very long descriptions. The only thing I liked about this story was the local setting. It really set the mood for the events. When I try to picture the story in my head, all I can think about is a painting, and I think that's what the author was going for. That probably explains the elaborate descriptions. I'm not really a fan of these types of stories, because I found it a bit obvious when the characters met that something will definitely happen between them(since they're the only ones in that place). I cannot stress enough how much of a chore it was to go through this, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment